Saturday, February 21, 2009

Revisiting Past Work

A few years ago, I had a daily writing practice where I would take my notebook to a cafe and write every day on my lunch break. What I got out of it was notebooks and notebooks filled with little scenes for the various fandoms I've written in. I have some Star Wars Han/Luke stuff, a little bit of Remus/Sirius from Harry Potter, and a whole lotta Yami no Matsuei Tsuzuki/Hisoka stuff.
What used to frustrate me to no end was the fact that none of these little scenes ever seemed to turn into stories, and I ended up feeling that this practice was ultimately a Big Waste of Time, that I was totally ADD and horrible at plotting. Some of which might be true. But I've been going over my Yami notebooks in the last few months and was surprised to find that I like most of the scenes in them, which is very heartening. As for the fact that none of them became stories, well, apparently it's up to me to make that happen. So with that end in mind, I'm working on transcribing some of the better ones into a Scrivener document and thinking of ways to expand them so they have beginnings, middles and ends.

No comments: