Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the shower story

My total for last week is 4589 words. Comparatively low for me, but I'm okay with that because it all feels like progress. For one thing, my untitled Yami story is growing a title! I'm calling it Stigma. For now, anyway. Up til last week it was just "the shower story," because it's based on a scene from one of my old notebooks in which Tsuzuki and Hisoka are about to get in the shower together.

My task in writing this story is to figure out how they got to that point. Since I want the lead-up to flow seamlessly into the existing scene, so it's been a matter of plotting in reverse. I started by going through the shower scene and picking out elements of dialogue, situation, relationship dynamics, and so on.

Much as I tried to be systematic, though, it took a lot of writing and throwing away to get to a beginning for the story that has the right vibe to set up the mood of the later part of the story. As tough as it is, though, I'm really happy with how it's starting to come together. Of course I'll be even happier when the boys start coming together...

No comments: